Is all this really necessary? I’m sure many of you have experienced these and other similar situations. Before I finished my last over-due post….which I had to rewrite due to technical difficulties; I was already thinking about the next topic for my post. Without further delay, “Welcome to my world!”
One (of two) of my biggest hotel/resort pet peeves:
- COFFEE: Why are some of the most high-end hotels like, like the ones in Las Vegas, have every conceivable amenity from marble tile floors, 300 thread count sheets, Jacuzzi bath tubs, mini bars, telephones and T.V’s in the bathroom; but no fricken coffee machine? Would it be so difficult to offer complimentary coffee in the room? Come on now, do I really have to drag myself down the hall to the elevator; after being up all night loosing two months of mortgage money at the craps table, to get a damn cup of coffee? Seriously people, even two star hotels offer that. P.S. (side note) 1 robe for each registered guest in the room. That includes, soaps, towels, shampoo and conditions; or otherwise, I will bride the housekeeper!
- On the topic of beverages (non travel related, but I wanted to throw it in)…. Why do people insist on drinking all my skim milk, and not bothering to let anyone know we are out of milk completely? Better yet, can a tablespoon of milk be considered as milk being left in the jug?
- This is more of a question then a gripe…. If airlines insist on making “larger” people buy two seats if they can not fit into one, does that mean they also get to use the larger business or first class restrooms?
- Even for the average sized person the bathroom’s in coach feel like a bad episode of “Wipe Out”!
- (Attention Airlines:) If I get a free non-alcoholic beverage with my tiny bag of pretzels,
- Airline Meal <———– = —————->Happy-Happy, Joy-Joy Meal (look below)
- In a confined compartment like an aircraft cabin, please do not be the person who let’s your child cry for the entire 4+ hour flight……unless you feel like receiving a standing ovation when you land. (Been there, done that, NOT fun) Consider Benadryl, pacifiers, and maybe a muzzle as a last resort!(make note of this seating chart if you have any question)
- If you are sitting next to or near someone with the problem above, or during any long flight, the following items are a must:
- Earplugs, at least two small 1 serving size bottles of alcoholic beverages, a couple xanax, a pair of dark shades and a hoodie…..before you know it, you’ll be landing at your destination with no recollection of earlier event…..
- (P.S.) Airplane CO2 Emission on sites like ITA?? Purpose? I’m perplexed about this one. It is a “guilt” trip of sorts, on weight or traveling?? How green can air travel really be? Take a look at the chart below: Decide for yourself…
- The last thing I can think of for the time being….(had to sneak this one in from an earlier post)! When in a restaurant for heaven’s sake do not make lemonade out of your water with lemons!!!! 🙂
What are some of your pet peeve or gripes….share them, so we can compare!